After a long, cold Canadian winter, spring is finally here! With the warmer weather comes the opportunity to give your yard a much-needed cleanup and prepare it for the upcoming growing season. Here’s a quick checklist of things you can do to get your yard in tip-top shape:
- Rake up any remaining leaves or debris from the winter months. This will help promote healthy growth and prevent disease from spreading.
- Prune any dead or damaged branches from trees and shrubs. This will encourage new growth and maintain the overall health of your plants.
- Clean out your garden beds by removing any dead plants or debris and turning the soil. This will help loosen up the soil and prepare it for new plantings.
- Add fresh mulch to your garden beds to help retain moisture and prevent weeds. This is also a great time to fertilize your plants.
- Check your lawn for any signs of damage or disease and apply fertilizer if needed. You may also want to aerate your lawn to promote healthy growth.
- Plant new flowers or vegetables in your garden beds once there are no signs of frost. Be sure to choose plants that are appropriate for your climate and the amount of sunlight your yard receives.
- Clean and repair any outdoor furniture or structures, such as fences or sheds. This will help prolong their lifespan and keep them looking their best.
- Check your gardening tools and make sure they are clean and in good condition. This includes sharpening your pruning shears and cleaning your lawn mower.
- Check your walkways and paths for any damage, such as cracks or uneven surfaces. Repair any damage to prevent trips and falls.
By following this simple checklist, you’ll be well on your way to a beautiful and healthy yard for the spring and summer seasons. Don’t forget to visit one of our Ferrell Builders’ Supply locations for all your landscaping needs. Happy gardening!